Want To Win A Windjammer Cruise And Help Some Parrot Head College Students?
Parrot Heads in Paradise have been awarding qualified parrot heads and their children a total of $10,000 in scholarships every year for the last 10 years. Fundraising has been just keeping pace with our pay-outs each year and we want to add some additional funds to ensure future years’ have adequate funding. To make sure that we can continue to award these gifts well into the future we have come up with a great way to help that cause. Windjammer Cruises has donated a cruise for two to raffle off this year. Below are all the details about this great cruise. We will be selling tickets via PayPal or check right up until MOTM. We will draw for the cruise Saturday, November 5th from the stage at Meeting of the Minds for the seven night cruise on this beautiful boat. Winners do not need to be present at MOTM to win the cruise! Tickets are five for $20 or five dollars for one. I will send you via email with a list of your numbers so you have them for your records. I will be tracking the name and numbers of every ticket coming in and they will all be in Key West for the drawing. You can pay via PayPal www.paypal.com to PHiPscholarshipraffle@yahoo.com (click on the friends and family link)
When you get to MOTM, you may purchase additional tickets right up until 2:30 pm on Saturday.
Thank you in advance for your support of the wonderful cause. Details of the cruise are below.
SAIL WINDJAMMER PRIZE DESCRIPTION
- THIS IS A ONE WEEK GIVEAWAY FOR TWO ON THE S/V MANDALAY. TRIP MUST BE USED ONE YEAR FROM ISSUE DATE.
- VALUED AT $3396 ($1599 PER PERSON, PLUS $99 PER PERSON PORT CHARGES) • STANDARD CABIN ACCOMMODATIONS (UPGRADES AVAILABLE) • ALL MEALS, 5 O’CLOCK RUM SWIZZLES AND SNACKS ARE INCLUDED • OUR SHIP, THE S/V MANDALAY, SAILS FOR ONE WEEK, BOARDING SUNDAY AND DISEMBARKING ON SATURDAY, OUT OF OUR HOMEPORT IN GRENADA WEST INDIES, CARIBBEAN • Flight to Grenada is not included. Gratuities, Bar, Shore Excursions, Snorkel Gear, Transfers & Onboard Purchases are not included.
- VISIT A SELECTION OF ISLANDSIN THE GRENADINES, WHICH INCLUDE OUR HOME PORT GRENADA, CARRIACOU, UNION ISLAND, MAYREAU, TOBAGO CAYS, BEQUIA, ST. VINCENT AND POSSIBLY SOME OTHER STOPS ALONG THE WAY.
REMEMBER, PORTS VISITED ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE...WE GO WHERE THE CAPTAIN AND THE WIND TAKE US!
- WE WILL SAIL YOU SAFE AND STEADY TO UNSPOILED BEACHES, HIDDEN INLETS AND SPARKLING WARM WATERS THAT CONVENTIONAL CRUISE SHIPS JUST CAN’T REACH. YOU WILL EXPERIENCE A CARIBBEAN FEW OTHERS EVER SEE OR DREAM OF!
- PALM-FRINGED, WHITE SANDY BEACHES OFFER YOU TRANQUILITY AND RELAXATION THAT WILL HAVE YOU LIVING YOUR CARIBBEAN DREAM AND UNWINDING BY THE MINUTE
- WE PROVIDE A LAID BACK EXPERIENCE WITH MOUTH WATERING NATIVE CUISINE AND COMFORTABLE AIR-CONDITIONED CABINS. EACH CABIN IS AN ENSUITE UPON ITSELF WITH YOUR OWN PRIVATE BATHROOM
- PARTAKE IN RAISING THE SAILS, TAKE A TURN AT THE HELM OR JUST ENJOY THE WINDS OF THE CARIBBEAN SEA FILLING THE SAILS...THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
August 6, 2016
Hello from Charlotte Parrot Head Club!
For those who may not know my name is Ron Wike and I am your new President for this New Year 2016-2017. I just wanted you to be updated by what some of our accomplishments of the last few years:
• CPHC hosted a pre party in April for Jimmy Buffett’s concert which was a great time and we recruited many new members
• Raised $ 1,500 for the USO by charging a user fee for the exclusive use of the CPHC Portlets
• Went on a day trip to Asheville for a bar crawl
• Had monthly socials at All American Pub
• Held the first annual South End Blue Line Pub Crawl
• Held a great Christmas Party
• And had plenty unofficial gatherings
Our board wants you to be involved! For this upcoming year 2016-2017 our board is planning new and exciting events to make sure each of you has the opportunity to be involved and attend some of the functions. So far we are planning a winery day trip, meeting in different areas around the Charlotte for our socials, adopting a USO family for Christmas giving and more. We have openings for your involvement now on social and membership committees.
Please plan on attending our first social on Tuesday, August the 16th for Plenty of Phun at Fini’z Oyster Bar & Grill on Lake Wylie from 6:00 until. The address is 4555 Charlotte Hwy, Clover, SC 29710. It is a ¼ mile from T-Bones on the lake. The September meeting will be Tuesday, September 13 back at All American Pub. After the board confirms the balance of the dates and events for 2016 you will receive the information. Also note that two board planning meetings will be open to all members for you to attend with new ideas, the first will be in November and you will be notified.
Don’t hesitate to contact me through email, phone or text. Here is my information:
email@example.com 980-621-3912 (smarter than me)
Welcome and thank you for being a part of our Fun small group of friends.